5th Annual Dark Star Jubilee
May 27th, 28th, 29th, 2016
Tent Camping Inside Concert Venue
Park your car just outside the concert venue, walk your gear and coolers down into the Concert Bowl, and pick your spot facing the stage. We highly recommend this option, as you will be part of the communal nature of the event, close to the stage, close to the facilities, and close to all the vendors.
Carside Camping Outside Concert Venue
You will be able to park and set up camp outside the main gates and away from general parking, however the better camping will be inside the venue. No ground fires will be permitted outside the concert venue.
General Admission RV Camping
There will be a designated area for General Admission RVs. You MUST purchase a General Admission RV Pass in order to bring your RV to the General Admission area. Passes are available in advance here for $60 or at the gate for $80.
VIP Tent/Carside Camping
VIP campers will enter through a designated VIP Entrance with their vehicle. VIP Campers MUST arrive by 8pm on Friday, May 27 and stay until the morning of Monday, May 30 in order to bring their vehicle into the VIP camping area. If you arrive or plan to leave outside of these times, there will be designated VIP parking lot in the backstage area. All VIP campers are welcome to the shaded tent camping available if they are interested.
VIP RV Camping
There will be designated area in the VIP section for RVs. You MUST purchase a VIP RV Pass in order to bring your RV to the VIP area. Passes are available in advance here for $100 or at the gate for $150.
There will be a specified area, close to the venue for those with ADA credentials and we will honor any temporary disability; please register before hand. Register here
Family Camping/Kids Tickets
The Jubilee is an all ages event and there will be a family friendly camping area for families with children 12 and under. Children ages 4-12 require a Kids Festival Pass. Children 3 and under are free. GA Kids 3-Day Festival Passes are $25 in advance and $40 at the gate. VIP Kids 3-Day Festival Passes are $50 in advance and $75 at the gate. You can purchase Kids 3-Day Festival Passes in advance here.
You can pre-register for Family Camping in advance here.
Day Parking will be available for those staying off-site.
Re-entry will be permitted if your vehicle is parked outside the concert venue. All traffic on foot will be allowed re-entry.
All gates (General Admission, VIP, etc) will open at NOON on Friday, May 27 and close at NOON on Monday, May 30. Please do not arrive before gates open.
All tickets for Dark Star Jubilee will need to be printed at home. After you complete your ticket purchase, you will be prompted by EventBrite to print your tickets. The print out will be scanned at the gate and you will receive one wristband per ticket. Please contact EventBrite with any ticketing questions. All ticket purchases include admission and camping.
All the food and craft vendors, including ice, beverages and Official Merchandise, will be located inside the concert venue. Food vending will include a variety of food suited for each meal of the day, various beverage and snack stands, plus many options for different dietary preferences. Craft vending will include jewelry, handmade items, clothes, memorabilia, art, and more. We do NOT allow unregistered vending.
Vending applications will be avaiable soon.
There will be 24-hour security and EMTs on site at the Jubilee. The Medical Tent will be located to the right of the main stage or you can contact any Jubilee staff member or volunteer for assistance. There are towing and locksmith services in Thornville if needed. Lost and Found will be at the Official Merchandise Tent, please let them know if you have lost something.
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE CONCERT VENUE OR CAMPGROUNDS. If a pet is found in your car, you will be turned away regardless of wait, ticket status, or excuse. If you have a service animal, please be sure to have all the necessary papers/licenses.
Dark Star Jubilee allows audio recording of the event. A Tapers Section will be provided with limited area, first come until full. Soundboard patches are NOT PERMITTED. Please be self-sufficient (bring your own batteries and power) and be respectful of patrons and crew. At any time, Dark Star Jubilee may change, modify, or close the taper section without warning if problems arise. Cameras will be allowed in the concert area; please be respectful with your flash.
These items are prohibited for your safety and the safety of the community. Please don't make us confiscate anything from you.
- ALL GLASS
- ALL FIREWORKS including Chinese Lanterns
- ALL WEAPONS and MALICE -aggressive conduct toward festival patrons or staff will result in immediate ejection from the event.
- ALL PETS
- Laser pens or lights
- Under age drinking, or illegal drug use- Just because you're at a festival does not mean you are exempt from the law.
- Amplifiers of any kind- Acoustic music in the campgrounds are welcomed.
- Personal generators
- Personal vehicles that move faster than a walking pace
- Personal firewood (this is an environmental hazard; we will provide local firewood)
- Unofficial merchandise - No unregistered vending will be allowed. Selling of ANYTHING to anyone without obtaining a proper permit will result in confiscation of your product and possible ejection from the festival. Please help by not buying from these vendors.
- Illegal substances
- NITROUS OXIDE TANKS- Nitrous Oxide is a poison in our community, but thanks to community-wide effort, the problem is waning. Please help us continue this trend; if you are caught with tanks, you will be removed for the event without refund.
- Come with your printed ticket or money for wristband- do not arrive empty handed.
- Respect your neighbor- kindness is contagious.
- No Violence or Weapons- aggressive conduct toward festival patrons or staff will result in immediate ejection from the event.
- No glass bottle- these pose an extreme health risk, please use plastic bottles or cans.
- No underage drinking or illegal drug use- just because youâ€™re at a festival does not mean you are exempt from the law.
- NO PETS- NO EXCEPTIONS. Leave your pets at home or contact one of the many kennels in the area.
- No Fireworks- you donâ€™t want to hurt yourself or someone else or be responsible for a forest fire.
- Keep the Scene Clean- please clean up your area during your stay; recycle bins, trashcans, and bags are readily available.
- No Unregistered Vending- Selling of ANYTHING to anyone without obtaining a proper permit will result in confiscation of your product and possible ejection from the festival. Please help by not buying from these vendors.
- No EZ-Ups or Shade Tents Along Pathways and Walkways.
- **NO NITROUS** Dark Star Jubilee strictly prohibits any use or sale of Nitrous Oxide. Nitrous and the criminal element that tends to come with it at this type of event is a virus to our community. We ask you, the average fan, to think twice before supporting this disease that is eating away at our lovely community.
From the East (Zanesville):
Use I-70 west to Exit 132 (State Route 13/Thornville/Newark). Turn left at the top of the exit ramp onto State Route 13 south, travel approximately .4 miles to gate entrance on right.
From the West (Columbus):
Use I-70 east to Exit 132 (State Route 13/Newark/Thornville). Turn right at the top of the exit ramp onto State Route 13 south, travel approximately .4 miles to gate entrance on right.